Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

View Poll Results: Where will LionsXII finish?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Champion Again

2 18.18%
  • 2nd

0 0%
  • 3rd

5 45.45%
  • 4th

1 9.09%
  • 5th

1 9.09%
  • 6th

1 9.09%
  • 7th - 9 th

0 0%
  • 10th - 12th

1 9.09%
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778

Default Re: 2014 Malaysia Super League

Quote Originally Posted by AJAJAJAJ View Post
    The way I see this panning out, my advice for the three players from Johor to return to play for our clubs and vie for AFC honours.

Shahril and Bhaihakki playing in MSL 2? Come on, that is a great insult to Singapore football. If they continue the way on, they could lose their national place. For Hariss, it will only be a matter of time when he is next in line to be kicked out.

It could be sabotage I see it, this could derail our national plans, and preparation. What could be worse than warming the bench with our bums and not getting enough play time.

Initially we all thought it is an improvement for everyone, sign big contracts and play for a club owned by a Sultan. Then when the chips are down, somebody has to take the fall and that is where natural selection takes place. The weak are demoted and the strong ones remain. There will be others in line to replace naturally.

On the other hand, we can view this as conspiracy saboteur. Any failure of a player over just a four month period, who had contracted for three years. Is there something missing here? The most reasonable care under such a circumstance, could be at least releasing the player after playing for a year. Is there something more to what we are reading? Is there a thin veil that is shrouding something more sinister?
    the 3 of them coming back here to play? in the first place,are they willing to take a big pay-cut by playing here? empty stadiums?

Die Hard Fan

The answer to your questions are best answered by Shahril, Bhaihakki and Hariss.

Are they willing to sacrifice country for self gain in monetary wise? Do they want to play football in MSL second tier when our standard here in SLeague could be better?

Do they want to try their chances in AFC games then playing against UITM, Hicom, KL Spa which most of you here would not even know a clue what these teams represent.

If we are talking about 2nd tier of Jleague or some euro league then fine, but MSL. Very soon, their standard will drop so much that even Stange will say enough is enough.

The Lions XII team should disband soon. If their home games can garner on average 5000 supporters, disband the Lions XII team and scatter the cream to our SLeague teams and these very supporters who supported these Lions XII players in the first place should also be channeled to SLeague. Not 100 pet cent but if only 15 per cent move their support to our league, it would be a success already.

Salary wise, if Safuwan can stick with Lions XII, I do not see why the others cannot.

FAS can partial subsidise some of these national elite players for the clubs because if they choose to represent the teams in AFC competition and should the team do well, it will factor into the consideration of seeding for AFC in Asian Cup for Singapore and Champions League groupings as announced a few days ago.

Ofcourse, Bhaihakki and company cannot demand sky high salary anymore but at least a salary equivalent if not better than the marquee players.

This is one area where our CEO of Sleague must do his part with FAS to come up with a solution. In the meantime, it really is disgraceful to have no upcoming players representing even Home United and Tampines this year. It is already too late for that now, as our teams have struggled over the past four years.

But next year participation can be planned already, if not the following.
    Last edited by AJAJAJAJ; 13 Hours Ago at 10:37 PM.

Die Hard Fan

Die Hard Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fangwee View Post
    The way I see, Bai and Harris performance are normal, still can not escape not to play in the team, FT can not play just kick them out. So I am very sure they just keep these 2 players out from Lionsxii, they are not serious to sign or develop them.
    More indication on Harris will be replaced

TMJ indicated in an interview that his team is forced to play with foreigners + 1 player from ASEAN

After playing two matches for JDT, we had to sit him out of six matches due to the injuries succumbed. With the high investment that we have made for our foreign players, we expected to field three foreign players at all times. However due to Pablo's injury, we were only able to field one foreign and one Asean player.
    http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3879/...j?ICID=HP_TS_2

Die Hard Fan

TMJ: Baihakki not experienced enough

The Crown Prince of Johor turned to social media site Facebook to explain to fans his decision to cut Singapore international Baihakki Khaizan from the first team

The President of Johor Darul Takzim, Tunku Ismail Idris, has taken to social media site Facebook to address fans in a strongly-worded note on recent decisions made by the club, which has caused a fair amount of unrest.

In his address to the official Johor Southern Tigers Facebook page, Tunku Ismail, who is also the Crown Prince of Johor, explained the rationale for taking Baihakki out of the team.

“The decision to change Baihakki and Pablo Aimar was actually a decision made by Cesar and I when he was still Head Coach of JDT,” Tunku Ismail said in the post.

“Baihakki is a phenomenal defender. However, for us to compete with foreign strikers from opposing teams, we need a defender with vast international experience. Cesar suggested that we needed a defender with greater physical ability.”

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3879/...rienced-enough

So TMJ push the change due to Cesar and not Shebby who is still with the club.

Die Hard Fan

TMJ: Aimar was never fully fit to play

The Johor Darul Takzim president claims his star Argentinean signing cannot contribute 100 per cent to the team because of his injuries, having sat out for majority of the season
    It seems that Pablo Aimar’s playing days for Johor Darul Takzim (JDT) might be numbered.

The 34-year-old Argentinean, who signed for the club last year for two years as a player and a further three years as a development coach, is the highest paid player in the Malaysia Super League (MSL). However, just earlier this month, JDT were said to be considering a termination of his contract.

In a statement made by club president Tunku Ismail Idris on the official Johor Southern Tigers Facebook page on Sunday, Aimar looks set to be released from the club, despite no official mention of his departure.

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3879/...j?ICID=HP_TS_2

So, TMJ, why sign him when u know he is not fully fit?

Die Hard Fan

Fans turn against JDT and it irks TMJ

Johor Football Association (JFA) president Tunku Ismail Idris Sultan Ibrahim has slammed the boycott threat issued by the fans from the state.

The fans of Super League side Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT) are unhappy with the management’s decision to replace head coach Cesar Jiminez and drop fan favourites – Singaporean Baihakki Khaizan and Argentine Pablo Aimar – from the team.

The Southern Tigers have secured Brazilian defender Marcos Antonio Elias Santos in the second transfer window to replace Baihakki. There is also speculation that Argentinian Diego Mario Buonanotte may be signed from La Liga side Granada to replace Aimar.

Tunku Ismail said on Sunday he was disappointed with the fans for “jumping to conclusions without knowing the actual true facts”.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Foot...ycott-threats/

Die Hard Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AJAJAJAJ View Post
    This is one area where our CEO of Sleague must do his part with FAS to come up with a solution. In the meantime, it really is disgraceful to have no upcoming players representing even Home United and Tampines this year. It is already too late for that now, as our teams have struggled over the past four years.

But next year participation can be planned already, if not the following.
    Sleague clubs can only sign LionsXII rejects.

U see Izzdin Shafiq who never impressed for LionsXII but had a 2nd lease of life under Coach Lee to know that the Sleague teams can do wonder to the players career.

However, I see the likes of Faruzl being lured to the LionsXII set up next year like Sufian Anuar and Khairul Amri who were dropped for the 2nd year but picked up at the 3rd year.

Quote Originally Posted by iansee View Post
    TMJ: Baihakki not experienced enough

The Crown Prince of Johor turned to social media site Facebook to explain to fans his decision to cut Singapore international Baihakki Khaizan from the first team

The President of Johor Darul Takzim, Tunku Ismail Idris, has taken to social media site Facebook to address fans in a strongly-worded note on recent decisions made by the club, which has caused a fair amount of unrest.

In his address to the official Johor Southern Tigers Facebook page, Tunku Ismail, who is also the Crown Prince of Johor, explained the rationale for taking Baihakki out of the team.

“The decision to change Baihakki and Pablo Aimar was actually a decision made by Cesar and I when he was still Head Coach of JDT,” Tunku Ismail said in the post.

“Baihakki is a phenomenal defender. However, for us to compete with foreign strikers from opposing teams, we need a defender with vast international experience. Cesar suggested that we needed a defender with greater physical ability.”

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3879/...rienced-enough

So TMJ push the change due to Cesar and not Shebby who is still with the club.

here's tmj's statement in full.
    bai's replacement is bundesliga player Marcos Antonio Elias Santos. unfortunately, his debut gaffes are now for eternity on youtube and actually outshines ali dia's. Could sense bookies rubbing their hands in glee.

Assalamuaalaikum to all Johor Darul Ta'zim's fans and supporters.
    I would like to take this opportunity to express my disappointment due to a majority of you out there jumping to conclusions and speculating without actual facts and truth.
    First and foremost, I do not want any of you to fall victim to baseless allegations made by ex JDT player Andre Silva via social media. He has alleged that an agent of Johor FA has been instigating termination of foreign players within JDT. The truth is quite the opposite. Andre had in recent months pleaded to the agent wanting to return and play for JDT. However, Andre was turned down by the Management of Johor FA and following this has blatantly blamed the agent and accusing him of foul play. Personally I would like to share with all of you that when Andre was still playing for JDT, I was informed by other players and the coaching staff that he had a made statement saying that he cant wait to leave Johor because we had replaced Fandi Ahmad as Coach. This left me with no choice but to terminate his contract earlier because our policy is to not retain players who no longer show interest to play for the club. We should not let ourselves fall victim to other people's personal problems and hidden agenda.
    Secondly regarding Cesar Jiminez. Cesar Jiminez is fantastic coach and very experienced, but the biggest problem encountered with Cesar is the language barrier. It is evident in the dressing room whereby the players do not completely comprehend the instructions given by Cesar as his command in English is not very good. Hence, its very difficult for him to motivate the players at every game. Players are after all humans too and every now and again needs to be motivated and not just ordered around.
    Thirdly, the decision to change Baihakki and Pablo Aimar was actually a decision made by Cesar and I when he was still Head Coach of JDT.
    Baihakki is a phenomenal defender however, for us to compete with foreign strikers from opposing teams, we need a defender with vast international experience. Cesar suggested that we needed a defender with greater physical ability.
    As it is now, Pablo Aimar has not fully recovered from his injury and cannot contribute 100% in the games played. After playing 2 matches for JDT, we had to sit him out of 6 matches due to the injuries succumbed. With the high investment that we have made for our foreign players, we expected to field 3 foreign players at all times. However due to Pablo's injury, we were only able to field 1 foreign and 1 Asean player. Clearly from this, we were not able to maximise our investment and with the advice of the coaching staff it is important for us to have 3 foreign players at all times.
    Fourthly, in regards to constant change in foreign players, the Management must respect the requests made by the Coach. For example, should the coach needs a stricker/midfielder/defender, it is the Managements duty to support the coach's request in order for the team to achieve its target.
    Fifthly, the appointment of Bojan Hodak is entirely based on merits. Bojan is a highly decorated coach who have won 4 Championships and has a vast experience in Malaysian football. Apart from that, he also knows the strengths and weaknesses of our local players and teams. I would also like to inform all of you, that Cesar Jiminez is still apart of Johor FA as a Tactical Director and continues to assist Bojan. He is also overlooking JDT Under-21 as well as JDT2, training and nurturing Johor's young players.
    Last but not least, as fans of JDT, we must appreciate and should be thankful with the team we have now in every aspect from the players, coaches, all the way through to the sponsors. We must be an example as a professional football association in the country.
    We must also remain positive at all times. We have enjoyed 3 consecutive wins and this has given us the fighting spirit and hope that we still have a chance to fight for the title race.
    I have always adviced all my fellow Johoreans that no matter what, always remain united. Like the saying goes, "United we stand, divided we fall". We must realise that we have not achieved our objectives yet. Let us not be a laughing stock and be ridiculed by other states who may accuse us of falling apart before achieving anything. Let me reiterate that we should be an example to other states.
    To those who so easily threatens the association by boycotting our state teams, it clearly indicates to me that you have no confidence in my administration and judgements. With this, I would gladly make way for anyone that you believe is capable in serving as Johor FA's President.
    HRH Tunku Ismail Ibni Sultan Ibrahim
    The Crown Prince of Johor
    Last edited by two left boots; 3 Hours Ago at 09:27 AM.

Die Hard Fan

Bai wants to play on loan with LionsXII

The defender’s concern is to continue playing competitive matches to keep up his match fitness.

“I cannot join another team in the MSL because of the FA of Malaysia’s cooling off period ruling, which requires a foreign player to sit out the remaining of the season and wait for a new one,” he said.

“We also spoke about the possibility of me going out on loan to another team. And there is the S-League, the Thai league or the Indonesian league. But for me, the logical choice is to go back to the LionsXII.

“It shouldn’t be a problem for me because I am a Singaporean and if I do go back to the LionsXII, I am going back as a local, not a foreigner, and therefore, the cooling off period ruling does not apply.”
    The MSL mid-season transfer window closed at the weekend thus not sure if he is allowed to be registered for the LionsXII.

http://www.todayonline.com/sports/fo...inglepage=true

Technically, he shouldnt be allowed to play for LionsXII if he is not being registered by weekend.